Resource Websites on Teaching and Learning
- Bloom’s Taxonomy (Revised 2001). This University of West Florida’s Center for University Teaching, Learning, and Assessment page presents a helpful overview of the revised version of Bloom’s Taxonomy (Anderson, Krathwohl, 2001) and strategies on how to write student learning outcomes based on the taxonomy.
- The jigsaw Classroom a cooperative learning technique that reduces racial conflict among school children, promotes better learning, improves student motivation, and increases enjoyment of the learning experience. Try this before you try Team Based Learning.
- Team Based Learning Lots of information about a comprehensive learning strategy that is not easy to implement, but well worth trying after a teacher has mastered basic cooperative learning techniques.
- Problem Based Learning. Problem-based learning (PBL) is an instructional strategy that challenges students to "learn to learn" in groups and seek solutions to real world problems. Some argue that PBL principles can easily be incorporated in the TBL strategy that is much less resource intensive.
- Publishing your teaching and learning research. Eastern Kentucky University provides an extensive list of teaching related journals in many disciplines to publish your research on teaching and learning. A direct avenue to publish your work is MountainRise, an open, peer-reviewed, international electronic journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning that is published twice a year by the Coulter Faculty Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning at Western Carolina University. Also take a look at http://www.buffalostate.edu/orgs/castl/publish.html for additional resources and journals.
- The Carnegie Foundation Gallery of Teaching and Learning provides digital representations of knowledge related to teaching and learning. The carefully crafted and vetted work of numerous participants of Carnegie Foundation programs and partners provides excellent examples for individuals, projects, departments, institutions, communities of practice, and for the simply curious.
- Conferences on teaching and learning. The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at Indiana University Northwest maintains a list of mostly large North American conferences.