Handouts and Powerpoint presentations from past CETaL workshops, arranged by topic in alphabetical order.
- 2010 Fall Faculty Retreat on teaching large classes effectively with Dr. Edward Prather, August 19, 2010.
- Powerful Teaching 1: Integrated Course Design, January 26, 2010
- Powerful Teaching 2: Rubrics: Grading Made Easy, February 3, 2010
Click The following links for sources on rubrics and rubric development
1) Rubrician.com : a source of established rubrics for many disciplines and effective tools to help you create your own rubrics
2) Rubistar : is a site focused more on the public schools but may have rubrics you could adapt to your class.
3) Bonnie Mullinix pages on rubrics and her Rubric for Rubrics is designed for higher education instructors. It provides clear guidance on how to create rubrics and making sure they work.
- Enhancing Student Learning Workshop 1: Designing Valid Assessments of Student Learning . September 3, 2009 By Dr.Rodolfo Rincones
- Peer observation of teaching; Formative and summative uses. October 1, 2009.
- Portfolios for Tenure and Promotion. October 7, 2009.
- Enhancing Student Learning Workshop 3: Improving your students writing. October 16, 2009 by Drs. Kate Mangelsdorf and Kerrie Kephart
- Enhancing Student Learning Workshop 4: Improving Student Reading Comprehension. October 28, 2009 By Ms. Nancy Shaffer, Ms. Terri Storey-Gore and Mr. Steve Varela